11/25/2021

[GIST] Governor El-Rufai Begs Kaduna Residents Not To Vote Against APC Party Despite Rising Banditry, Killings

[GIST] Governor El-Rufai Begs Kaduna Residents Not To Vote Against APC Party Despite Rising Banditry, Killings

All Content

Governor Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna State has begged the people of Kaduna state not to vote for the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in 2023 so as not to put Nigeria backwards again. 

The governor also cursed fellow politicians in state, Shehu Sani and Suleiman Hunkuyi, who are former Senators of Kaduna South and Kaduna North respectively. 

Kaduna State Governor Nasir el-Rufai

According to Vanguard, El-Rufai said the people should rally round and vote for the person he would anoint as the state governor in 2023, insisting that now was the right time for Kaduna people to trust him and what he would choose for the state.

He said disclosed all these at the Ahmadu Bello Stadium's Gymnasium Hall on Wednesday. 

"May Almighty Allah‘s wrath befalls them,” El-Rufai prayed, amidst a thunderous Amen where hundreds of people had gathered for the launching of the New Finance Function in the state.

He alleged that if not for the unruly attitude of Sani and Hunkuyi, development in Kaduna state would have surpassed the feat achieved by his administration which Kaduna people are now celebrating.

He pointed to the just completed ultra-modern Kawo bridge, saying credit should not be given to him alone but also to the lawmakers who assured the project had legislative backing, and also to the people of Kaduna State who supported his administration.

According to him, Sani and Hunkuyi’s action had retarded growth and development in the state, pointing out that come 2023, people should be wary of who they vote to avoid bringing in elements that are enemies of Kaduna state who should be cursed.

Politics News AddThis :  Original Author :  Saharareporters, New York Disable advertisements : 
[GIST] Yoruba Nation Determination Groups Meet In Ibadan, Restrategise On Sunday Igboho’s Release

[GIST] Yoruba Nation Determination Groups Meet In Ibadan, Restrategise On Sunday Igboho’s Release

All Content

The Yoruba Nation determination groups under Ilana Omo Oodua, on Wednesday asked the Yoruba leader, Prof Banji Akintoye, to lead the Yoruba nation out of Nigeria.

The groups also deliberated on the efforts made so far on the release of Yoruba Nation activist, Sunday Adeyemo, aka Sunday Igboho.

Sunday Igboho

The groups also called on the leadership of Ilana Omo Oodua to expel Sade Olukoya, saying the meeting held in Lagos State by the later was in a bad taste and didn't have support or approval of the coalition.

Ilana Omo Odua stated these in a communique issued after the meeting in Ibadan and signed by Alhaji Alli Oyedeji on Wednesday. 

The group further called for removal of the name of Sade Olukoya as a representative of Ilana Omo Oodua while commending the efforts of Prof. Akintoye on ensuring that Sunday Igboho regained his freedom from Benin Republic.

The communique reads; "that a unanimous vote of confidence is hereby passed and reaffirmed the mandate given to Prof. Akintoye to lead the Yoruba people out of the contraption called Nigeria. That the conference held in Lagos by one Otunba Sade Olukoya was in bad taste and didn't have the support nor approval of the coalition.

"That we called on the leadership of Ilana Omo Oodua to expel Sade Olukoya with immediate effect. That Olukoya's name should be withdrawn from NINAS as Ilana Omoodua representative forthwith. That we endorse the dissolution of the executives mostly peopled by 5th columnists who recently resigned without shame.

"That we resolved to support the peaceful agitation under the leadership of Alana to liberate our people from bondage. That we commend the efforts of Prof Akintoye in his uncompromising resolve to free our illustrious son, Chief Sunday Igboho, from incarceration."

Politics News AddThis :  Original Author :  Saharareporters, New York Disable advertisements : 
[GIST] Real Madrid Striker, Benzema Bags One-Year Jail Term Over Sex Tape

[GIST] Real Madrid Striker, Benzema Bags One-Year Jail Term Over Sex Tape

All Content

France and Real Madrid forward Karim Benzema, was sentenced to a one-year suspended jail term on Wednesday. 

He was found guilty of complicity in the attempted blackmail of a former international teammate over a sex tape.

The Versailles court also fined him €75,000 ($84,170) and ordered him to pay former teammate, Mathieu Valbuena €80,000 to cover legal costs and €150,000 in damages together with his three other co-accused.

However, Benzema’s lawyer has vowed to appeal against the verdict.

Benzema, who had denied any wrongdoing, was not in court. He is due to play for Real Madrid against Moldovan side Sheriff Tiraspol later in the day.

“This outcome in no way corresponds with the reality of events,” lawyer Antoine Vey told reporters afterwards.

Earlier this month, President of the French Football Federation, Noel Le Graet, said Benzema would not be excluded from the national team if he was convicted and given the suspended sentence prosecutors wanted.

“The coach will always be responsible for his selection and Benzema will not be left out because of an eventual judicial sanction,” Le Graet told Le Parisien.

Prosecutors had argued that Benzema had encouraged Valbuena to pay a suspected group of blackmailers to keep the sexually explicit tape out of the public eye.

They said Valbuena got the first of several phone calls threatening to reveal the tape in June 2015.

Valbuena had told the court it was clear the caller wanted money and that the blackmail attempt left him scared for his career and place in the national squad.

The Real Madrid striker was recruited by the alleged blackmailers to encourage Valbuena to pay as his teammate stalled, the prosecution had added.

The French footballer had shown no goodwill to Valbuena and pretended to have his best interests at heart, the judges said in their written ruling.

Benzema had “deliberately helped the authors of the attempted blackmail of Valbuena,” they added.

Both Benzema and Valbuena lost their places in the national team in the wake of the scandal, dubbed the “sex tape affair.”

Benzema, 33, who has played more than 90 times for his country, was recalled to the France squad for this year’s European Championship.

Among Benzema’s co-defendants were childhood friend Karim Zenati, who acted as an intermediary, and Mustapha Zouaoui, one of the suspected architects of the scam.

All four defendants were found guilty in connection with the attempted blackmail.

International Scandal Sex Soccer Sports News AddThis :  Original Author :  Saharareporters, New York Disable advertisements : 
[GIST] EXCLUSIVE: Kogi Governor, Bello Budgets N1.5billion For Refreshments, N600million To Maintain Deputy Governor’s Office Amid Non-payment Of Workers’ Salaries

[GIST] EXCLUSIVE: Kogi Governor, Bello Budgets N1.5billion For Refreshments, N600million To Maintain Deputy Governor’s Office Amid Non-payment Of Workers’ Salaries

All Content

The Kogi State Government led by Governor Yahaya Bello has earmarked humongous sums for refreshments, furnishing of offices and others in its 2022 budget, despite its inability to pay the salaries of workers for several months.

SaharaReporters obtained the state budget for 2022 presented to the State House of Assembly, where the government is set to spend more than N1.5billion on refreshments and more than N600million for the furnishing of the Office of the Deputy Governor, Edward Onoja.

This is as civil servants in Kogi State are begging to feed their families, due to non-payment of their monthly emoluments.

According to the budget proposal, Bello will also be spending N50million on donations and redemption of pledges.

The governor also budgeted N500million as “expenses incidental to governor’s tour.”

Last year, N400million was set aside for a similar purpose.

Meanwhile, the furnishing of the Office of the Deputy Governor in 2022 will gulp over N600million from the state budget as seen below;

Corruption Politics Scandal Exclusive News Reports AddThis :  Original Author :  Saharareporters, New York Disable advertisements : 
[GIST] Nigeria’s Drugs Agency, NDLEA Reacts To N4.5billion Padding In 2022 Budget

[GIST] Nigeria’s Drugs Agency, NDLEA Reacts To N4.5billion Padding In 2022 Budget

All Content

The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency has dismissed insinuations from some reports that N4.5billion was padded into its proposed 2022 budget.
The agency in a statement on Wednesday disclosed that they had been inundated with calls and messages since Tuesday seeking clarification on an alleged insertion of N4.5billion for the construction of police barracks into the NDLEA’s proposed budget being considered by the Senate.


Signed by Femi Babafemi, the statement read, "This is a formal response and clarification of reports that suggest that the agency’s budget proposal submitted by the Federal Ministry of Finance was padded with N4.5billion for construction of police barracks.
"It is public knowledge that President Muhamadu Buhari magnanimously approved the construction of barracks for NDLEA over a period of four years starting from 2022 fiscal year.
"Investigations have confirmed that the amount in question is indeed for the construction of NDLEA barracks but typographically inputted as ‘police barracks’ in one of the documents attached to the proposal from the Budget Office.
"The typo error has since been corrected and the budget cleared on Tuesday by the Senate."

Drugs News AddThis :  Original Author :  Saharareporters, New York Disable advertisements :